wheel/tires

FYI, eBay auction ends Friday on four Reatta wheels, caps and almost-new Michelins. No reserve and just a $200 bid for the set. Someone's gonna steal 'em. eBay auction #1813319281.<P>Jerry

If it wasn't for the freight costs I'd bid even though I'm still envious of the Maui!<BR>Had mine out today with the top down..even with 123,000 miles it still gets tons of looks. My three coupes don't draw near the attention...not sure if it's the ragtop or the color..how much attention does your Black Beauty draw? Cowl shake bedamned!!!

Interesting question. It's been in the 80s here for the past couple of weeks, so tops have been down on both cars. I've been tooling around in the black one getting things fixed. Older folk (50+) always comment on the Maui blue -- but the kids (16 and up) gather around the black one. Seniors (like yours truly) say of Maui: "Nice car." Kids look at the black one and say, "Cool wheels, mister!" In these days of lowered Hondas and rice pipes, it's kind of fun to see young people admiring the Reatta. The blue (which I consider one of prettiest colors of any car) doesn't seem to turn 'em on...but the black and tan (with black sheepskins) draws 'em in. Go figure...<P>Jerry

I agree. I have a maui with black top. I would love to know if anybody else has that combo. People comment all the time on the color and style but seems like all of them are over 50. One lady I had never saw before about 60 plus even asked to sit in it. I am 44 but still prefer Brittney Spears over Sophia Loren. After all, you can't bounce a quarter off Loren's stomach.