Parade Tips please!

Guest Tammy

Looks like there's a very good chance that I will be driving the homecoming king and queen grin.gif. I was ok with ONE, but not sure about hauling TWO confused.gif. There's some pretty big guys over here. With one, they can just put their feet in the middle, but two??? What is a safe weight on a drop top? I think I will be asking them to NOT wear any shoes. And what is a good way to hang a sign on your car? Would some small magnets be good?

Anything PLEASE smile.gif Thanks Tammy

Magnets would work on the doors. See if you can find those long ones they use in refrigerator gaskets. You could also see if they can get the local sign shop to donate magnetic signs with the king and queen's names. (and the obligitory advertising for their sign shop). They could give them to the kids when the weekend is over.

I did the same thing for Missy's kid last year (football player). I didn't have the King/Queen, but a couple of the kids in the royal court...anyway, as long as they are not to heavy will be OK (I would think that the "royality" would be a little on the lean side). Yes...demand that the shoes come off and go in/on the floor board. Do a trial run yourself to see where to tell them to put their feet. The outboard participant will have to sit inboard a little and brace with foot on the door panel armrest if I remember correctly...if your car is waxed properly, it will be easy for that outboard rider to "slip off" smile.gif. I also used a fender cover for them to sit on......

Great tip Craig! I've never seen a frig magnet. I'm guessing they are long and flat? I might have a "in" with a appliance repair guy. Otherwise I have lots of magnets in my craft supplies, if I can find them confused.gif...since I moved.

I was thinking Nic, of using those non skid pads you find under chair pads, or even under rugs. I know I have a roll. If I were to put plenty of that down first..to cover seated area...then I could place a soft blanket or something on top of it. Then it would look a little nicer and keep the kids from slipping. grin.gif

I will be waxing again. Right now my car is half done with the wizard products. I did a half to see if I would like it. I do, now I can finish it.

Tammy magnets are about the best way but be carfulnot to drag them across the paint when putting them on or off, they will leave scratch marks. If the magnet is powerful enough use a bit of silk or other material between the paint and the magnet and it will be fine. It is human nature to just grab them when everything is over and they just pull them along the surface for a short distance and then you get the scratches

Maybe fridge as in refrigerator, insurance agents, real estate agents, etc. hand out. I'd think twice about having two people sitting on my plastic (glass) tonneau cover and putting pressure on the two fastening points of that cover. Usually the male 1/2 of the two is a large athlete.

Tammy, one point that has been missed and I hate to bring it up, but that is one of liability. I would check with your insurance agent just to make sure that under the unique circumstances of parade use, that any person in or on your car would be covered. While such an occurance would be almost unheard of, it does happen. Just last year in a small town near where I reside, during it's Christmas parade, a child fell off a pick-up truck in which he was riding at a very slow speed. The little boy had massive head injuries and died a few days latter. Anyway, I'm sure you want to be a good sport and let the "royalty" ride in, or should I saw on, your car. However, if your insurance company tells you that you are not covered, then I would pass. Better to be a party pooper, than to find yourself in court with all sorts of judgements against you.

Guest F14CRAZY

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ranger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Usually the male 1/2 of the two is a large athlete. </div></div>

of which goes to prove, the homecoming people are preps or jocks. I went to homecoming once and never again after that. I really didn't like high school...

Well..I did call my insurance agent, American family, and he said I was covered and will be fine. So that is good to know. Thanks Howard for bringing it to my attention.

And I know what you mean F14. I didn't enjoy school much either. We lived on a big farm and there was always chores to do. And it was too far in the country to have my folks run us 4 kids around. But I was one who got along with pretty much everybody, jocks, preps, hoods etc...

Guest F14CRAZY

Heh thanks for understanding Tammy. Reminds me of the days when me and Mario with his Mustang GT would park in formation on the outskirts of the lot, cuz we were that cool

Hey F14 you guys parked that way too? Funny I parked with a couple of Nova's. Before I got my license I was "co-pilot" of a number of cars. Had alot of fun back then. laugh.gif My best friends were almost always guys. Never a girl other than me to park in formation. grin.gif