Wanted: TC with Full Documentation

Every couple of years I remember what a nice car the TC is and that I have not owned one. I am a very fussy guy when it comes to condition and documentation. If the car has been smoked in, is rough or has rust I have no interest. Price is important but mileage, location (I am located in Tennessee)and condition more so. Thanks for reading the ad.

Edited by MiamiTVR
removed the email because of all the spam (see edit history)
  • 4 years later...

Alan

Right as can be.

Left coast has had all the decently priced ones for years. So good are the prices that some left coasters even have more than one (or two or three).

Shipping to the correct coast is just too costly especially with a prepurchase visit factored in for me though.

I dont know why one would not buy one where it is and drive it home.

I bought mine in Florida and drove it home to Oregon. This was several years ago and I would now like to sell it. There is nothing wrong with it, I just done get as much good weather out here as the car deserves.

It is a twin cam with a five speed, cream color is almost perfect and the ginger interior is pretty good as well. It has right at 90,000 miles showing. The ODO was repaired right when it failed so these are VERY close to actual miles.

Includes a ceiling mount for the hard top, never driven in inclemant weather. No rust, no smokers. Manuals, umbrella, and tool kit included.

If there is any interest give me a call. ($8,000 firm)

Jack

503-538-8645

Sometimes the problem is time more than distance...

Both my TCs were from the coasts (both sides) and my most recent (non TC) car was from Florida. While flying/driving might be fun, I just can't take the time. But I can get the vehicles shipped for around $800 each anywhere in the country, which has worked out fine for me. Plus if you figure a plane ticket, gas and lodging on the way it's about a wash...

Jim

Thanks for the response and suggestions.

My interest is in an East Coast TC.

My strong preference is for black on tan with yellow and (waaay down the list) Cabernet as alternatives.

I have tired of shifting gears and so seek out an automatic.

I am old enough to remember when at 100K cars were tossed away and that prejudices me, rightly or wrongly, against anything above 50-75K.

I buy to keep long term and only keep one or two collectables around at a time.

I would rather pass than compromise too much.

More on the red TC in Michigan. Has been in garage with a dust cover since originally purchased. It's an automatic. Never driven in the winter, but started every two weeks. Driven on sunny days in the summer. Has 80k miles. Have maintenance records and a carfax. Send me your e-mail address, and I'll send you pix plus more info on the car.

TCLover - Thanks. Your TC sounds exceptional and close to what I am seeking. The red on black is a striking combination and popular, however. it is just not me. Best of luck with the sale.

Driver2 - emailed

When I bought the car there were 2 in the show room. Black on black, and red on black. I was going to buy the black on black, and the saleman said "if you buy a car like this, you want people to notice you", so I changed my mind and bought the red on black. Folks seemed to notice. Got lots of comments. Let me know if you change your mind. Good luck on your search.

Koi-Boy

That would be the one were it with a West Coast price. Nice ones like yours are getting harder to come by and the owners are deserving of whatever the market will bear. I am afraid if that is the selling price of a nice TC I will need to be moving on to something more humble.

Good luck with sale.

Thanks for the willingness to go down $2,000 in minutes and without my even making an offer.

I would suggest eBay. I sold my TVR quickly without problems (once I limited bidding to those with some history and a verifiable US address) and got to make a friend of the new owner.

At the very least it will give you a good feel for a market price on your nice car.

For Sale : 1989 Chrysler TC by Maserati - $5000 - Missing hard top, however, this automobile is in very good condition; 48433 miles; All documentation, to include manuals, window sticker, and salesman's business card. Very good Light Yellow (Crystal Coat) exterior with Ginger interior, and black soft top. Umbrella, tool kit, mini-spare, all unused by me. I hate to let this Maserati go. Price is firm. Send me an email on the "Contact Us" page at LynnySumnerMotorSports.Com for pictures...

Edited by 89TCMaserati
updated contact information (see edit history)
  • 1 month later...

Still looking.

More firm in my conviction it is black on black or ginger or ginger with yellow that I am interested in. I would not like white nor feel comfortable in red. Cabernet is not appealing but might work.

It is not a show car but an above average occasional use car I seek that has not been subjected to smoke.

Just as good would be a nice 95 Cutlass convertible

Oh, almost forgot:

Southern and Eastern.

That is me. I am FROM Georgia. If this current deal falls through, then I could sell it to you, and in the transport process, stop in my home town, and visit my Mother.

1989 Chrysler TC by Maserati - $5000 - Missing hard top, however, this automobile is in very good condition; 49K miles; All documentation, to include manuals, window sticker, and salesman's business card. Very good Light Yellow (Crystal Coat) exterior with Ginger interior, and black soft top. Umbrella, tool kit, mini-spare, all unused by me. I hate to let this Maserati go. Price is firm.

Sounds like MiamiTvr wants the best of the best Maserati but has "no interest" in paying what a mint one is worth and couldn't be bothered buying one with a little rust or one that was smoked in, or tor pay for "costly" shipping.... Could that be why he's been looking for one since 9/18/2007??? Somethings very shifty here, seller beware.........

89TC..Thanks for your input. I am very surprised with your passion and ongoing interest in my TC hunt that you have not jumped all over 89TCMaserati's car just down the street from you.

I buy to keep and as a "serial" collector with room for but a couple if I find something else first, that is what gets bought. I kept my last TVR for a number of years and only its sale opened up the possibility of another collector car purchase. If the right Cutlass comes along the TC hunt will stop for another few years. My interest in TC's has long preceded 2007 and certainly your join date. My early log in info got lost in a computer crash.

Whatever you are warning sellers about they should also know my check clears before I head out the door. The "clearing" takes only as long as it takes to count the stack of cash and push it across the table.

If you feel the burning need to direct insults to me I believe it would more in keeping with the temperament of this particular site for you to so so by PM instead of embarrassing yourself publicly and lessening the TC experience for all that visit.

Despite that, if my interest in acquiring a TC has offended you, I apologize and acknowledge you, just like the graffiti artist that tagged the wall down the street, exist.

Edited by MiamiTVR
removed an "s" (see edit history)

I have a 1991 Light Yellow w/Ginger interior. I have all documentation including original sticker. It has 113K miles. Exterior is excellent. Interior is good. I live in Alpharetta, GA. Am willing to part with the TC. Pls contact me - thanks.