Keyless Entry Remote

Picked up a 1990 remote out of a Rivera today that has the same Fcc Code as mine for a 1991 Reatta. The icon pades for the unlock and trunk are gone in the center, would like to replace them with the ones from the 1991 Reatta. Has anyone ever had these apart? If so how can this be done without damaging the housing?<BR> <BR>Also bought the wood grain for the dash,doors and shift area. A nother project down the road.<P>Thanks for any input on the remote.<P>BJ(Ohio Reattas)

Guest C.F.Massie

BJ, Where did you get the wood grain covers for your Reatta? I have an 89 Reatta and would love to do the same. I saw an 89 Reatta for sale on eBay not to long ago which had the wood grain on the dash and it looked great, I emailed the seller and he said it was an aftermarket install by a dealer. What do you know?

C.F. Massie <BR> The wood grain trim is out of a 1990 Rivera which has the same dash and center concole as the 1990-1991 Reatta. This trim was on the Riveras from the factory. As you know the dash is different for the 1988-1989 Reattas...so as for the wood trim for your 1989 I can't give you any direction to go to get more information, sorry.<P>BJ(Ohio Reattas)

The Riviera for 1989 had wood-grained dash and console trim that was almost identical to the Reatta's. If you were to find these pieces, you would be able to change the main dash trimplates, and the console trim to the woodgrain with no problem. The only piece that would require some modification would be the cassette trim piece, as the Riviera did not have the lamp retract and fog light buttons that the Reatta was equipped with, and as such has no openings for them. The door trim would not be compatible, so you would have to live with the black brushed metal runnung along the door pull to the tweeter. You should be able to find a junker with an '89 Riviera with little difficulty.

Back to the remote topic,<BR> picked one up a few days ago out of a Rivera '90 for 10.00. seprated the body using a single edge razer, running it along the seam. Inside the buttons were next.Removed the metal cover over one of the red buttons then removed the small copper disk. Through a lot of use the disk had become flat (not concaved) as it should be.<BR>Placed the copper disk on a small note pad that would give when presure was applied to the disk in the center using the point of a ball point pen. this gave the disk a concaved shape again, reasembled the remote<BR>and back in business. Got a nother remote from a salvage yard today just for the icon pad, after cleaning it up, years of dirt, all the buttons had good rebound then noticed it had the FCC number as the '91 Reatta, even thoe it was for a Olds.. and best of all it was a freebe. Reprogramed it and behold a like new remote.Freeeee!!!!! grin.gif" border="0

Guest C.F.Massie

Thanks RawjaNYC,<BR>I love that picture of the Riviera you posted. I also took your advice and found a Riviera in the salvage yard with the wood trim. I purchase all the pieces and I am currently modifying the piece around the cassette deck to accomodate the fog light and lamp retract switches on my 89 Reatta.<P>Thanks again for the info, this site is great.