Shows

Guest 1929Chandler

Guest 1929Chandler

Hi Everybody, I just got back from the Shades of The Past Show &swap meet in Tenn. It has growen to about 8000 cars.Everything from Antiques,custom Rods, Rat Rods,Trucks,1900's to 1970. It took 3 days to see it all . The swap meet was a little small but there was more cars than the town would hold. But no Chandler stuff !! We did take home a 1957 Ford conv. Two tone Blue. This use to be just Rods but now there are more projects (finished & un finished) that are not Rods.

We are headed out to Charlotte Autofair in the morning. Will let you know what we find . If any of you are there I'll be the one looking for Chandler stuff .

Good luck. We don't have many swap meets out here that don't cater to pre-war cars. About a month ago I walked the rows of a pre-war swap meet put on by a local model T club. Hardly anything there that was not built by F O R D. After an hour (my second trip around) I happened upon a Kingston vaccum fuel pump. Original equipment for the 1929 Chandlers! I am sure the vendo who sold it did not know waht it fit, but I do. Best $10 I every spent.

Is your new FORD a project or ready to have fun in? Sounds like a great car.

We are working on a 1966 MGB roadster. Fun for two.

Hi Bob,

I have taken numerous pictures of our car over the past few years. Mine is a model 65. This is the smallest of the Chandler sedans for 1929. Roger has a model 75, this larger and with a straight 8. There is also one size larger a model 85 with a bigger eight and a bit more luxury inside.

If you give me your vin number I can confirm for you what you have. Also you should join the Chandler-Clveland Club (dues are only $15 a year). By joining the club you get our newsletter which has a classifeds section with some 1929 parts for sale.

Where are you and the car located? We have many membrs across the country and through out the world that might be able to help.

Chris

Guest 1929Chandler

Hi Bob , I have a 29 modle 75 I am working on.I got advertisments with the interior showing. And a lot of other pics. you could use. Let me know what you might need and I'll try to help. chandler29@charter.net

Chris,I only got to stay a couple hrs. at Charlotte Swap meet. Wife got sick . (she is better now) I did manage to find a billit Chevy bow tie rear view mirrow for my 85 Chev trk. There was a big turn out of venders maybe it will go better in spring meet.

57 ford conv. is a driver.It has every option offered in 1957 even A/C first I seen in a conv. Minor mechanical refreshing need .

• 1 month later...