Convertible top installation

Has any one on the list attempted to install a top for a 1990 convertible? Are there instructions posted anywhere? I am considering tackling it myself. The owners manual doesn't do a real good job with the procedure in my opinion. I would also like to know if someone has a source for a new headliner for the convertible. I have already bought the top with glass. Thanks,

I wouldn't recommend installing a convertible top unless you've done it before. There are many adjustments that you have to make, it's complicated, and the end result won't be as good as that of someone who does it for a living. I tried to replace the top on my old Lebaron once, just to save a few bucks, and it looked terrible. I took it to a convertible top shop and they fixed my mistakes and it looked much better.

Attend car shows. There are always convertibles and their owners are usually more than willing to tell you who did the top work. A good trimmer is worth their wieght in gold, which they will charge. Next to good paint, a fine fitting top is the most important feature on a convertible.