Now Who's Going to Aptos, CA

OK, is Aptos a new high priced California wine, or as I have heard someone ask, a medical condition [as in he's got Aptos].<BR>Please, no one take offense at this warped attempt at humor.<P>Seroiusly though, at least 2 DFers will be there to judge, jac and myself. Is anyone else planning to attend, judge or show a car?<BR>It would be nice to get together with some of the West Coast DFers as we have been doing with other DFers at the Eastern Meets all summer.<P>We will meet on the judging field at Class 5 at 1:30 PM on Saturday. jac and I will be there. smile.gif Howard

Howard ~ I have to sorta ditto Hal ~ but in our case, two days. Hope everyone has a great time and wish we could be there. <BR>Patt & Buddy

Come on folks. I promised Deering some DF characters in Aptos and since surely you would not call Howard and I characters some of you guys and gals will have to show up. So lets sign up now!<BR>later-jac<BR>I don't want any comment from you Dan. wink.gif

JEB (Stuart?) and I will be there, so see you can't get away from me by moving west <smile>. And, did I tell you in Charlotte that Old Blue got a Grand National Senior at Montoursville after 18 years. Guess I should call Dave and tell him, huh? By the way will you be on the Apprentice Team? Hahahahaha, we're going to recommend it for all those with more than 200 credits. Seriously, you took me to Downingtown in 1970 for my first school and first credit. Long time gone, huh? See you at Aptos. EDB<P>------------------<BR>

Earl ~ Sorry, no apprentice team this time. This is my chance to be with JEB [not Stuart]in administration while you are out on the field. Yes I remenber 1970. I also remenber 1978 when you recommended me to be your successor as Judges Training Director and launched my AACA career.<P>Rick ~ Who are you going to set up to be Ron's replacement? You know I leave town a lot so we need to get a team lined up to keep Dan out of trouble. smile.gifsmile.gif ~ Howard

Hey - - - <P>What did I ever do to you guys to deserve all of this? confused.gif I have been trying to be good and not get into trouble, and doing a pretty good job of it, if I say so myself. I have one thing to say about this - "Lead me not into temptation - - I can find it by myself !!!"<P>Dan<P><p>[This message has been edited by D Binger (edited 07-30-2000).]

Hey! When Howard's out of town and I'm stuck down here on Lone Oak Farm (no traveling this time), Dan has to take care of himself (and I don't mean in the Biblical sense). You all have fun in CA. Wish I could be there but got things to do here. Ron

Novaman ~ Keep working and contributing to that Social Security trust fund. wink.gif Us old geezers need our SS checks to eat on while we go to all those meets to judge. With SS and Micky D's we'll make it. smile.gifsmile.gif Howard

Guest snkchevcol

Looks like I want be there either. Like most of the rest that want be there the travel time is to long. I want get on a plane (If it breaks down there is no where to pull over) so that just leaves the open road. Wish I could be there but I guess the next one for me is Hershey and than the Cape.<P>Rock

Aptos, CA on August 11 & 12?<P>Aptos is good: About 60 min from my house, nice and cool being on the Ocean. Lots of nice country roads around there for driving old cars. smile.gif<P>August 11 & 12 are bad: I have to work on 11th. And I have family obligations in Santa Rosa on the 12th. frown.gif<P>Could you reschedule? (Just kidding.) Have a good meet and wish I could make it.<P>Tod

Patt ~ I will be at the Best Western Seacliff Inn, Aptos, to receive KK shipments. I will share with John Myer, honest injin. smile.gif<P>Howard ` wink.gifwink.gif

Howard, Dynaflash8 -- I am mulling over the possibility of getting a couple hours free on Saturday morning. On the rather slim chance that I could swing by there, could you give me the venue?<P>I swear that I will not give a way the secret handshake and cabalistic signs needed to find the location of a national AACA event. smile.gif<P>Tod

OK Tod ~ Here it is, but you must keep it a secret from all enemies both foreign and domestic. rolleyes.gif and swear on the memory of Ed Rohr. smile.gif<P>Headquarters is :<BR>The Best Western Seacliff Inn<BR>7500Old Dominion Court<BR>Aptos, CA 95003<BR>831-688-7300<P>The show site is:<BR>Seascape Park [wherever that is] The folks around the hotel should know where it is.<P>I don't know where Earl will be in the AM after the judges breakfast, but I will<P>AOL just threatened to cut me off so will post now and finish later<P>be out at the field right after breakfast wandering around. I will be wearing an Ausie hat. At 11 AM I will go to the administration office where I am assigned for the day.<P>Come on over. We really would like to see you again after all these years. But be sure you're not followed. smile.gif<P> smile.gif Howard smile.gif<p>[This message has been edited by Howard Scotland (edited 08-08-2000).]

RF give Tod some complete directions to the site, will ya? You're a hometown boy. As for me, I'll be on my way to San Jose on the 9:59 AM out of Ballermer tomorrow!<P>[This message has been edited by Dynaflash8 (edited 08-08-2000).]<p>[This message has been edited by Dynaflash8 (edited 08-08-2000).]

Sorry confused.gif The showfield IS at Seascape Park not Seacliff. To us high plains folk, one sea is just like another.<BR>Besides, I have a little trouble readin' writen' on dark blue paper. smile.gif Howard

Tod: Would enjoy seeing you again. Test me after 20 years? Red hair, right? So how old are you now, maybe 45? We need really active guys your age. C'mon join one of the Regional clubs and become an active leader on the coast. Consider this encouragement.<BR> By the way, I had a '34 Plymouth PE for awhile, but it couldn't get along with me, so now it's in Miami. The man who deals with the brakes on those old Plymouths is a GOOD MAN. Obviously, I wasn't <smile>

Well, I doubt they will be trying to put cars in the sand at Seacliff State <I>Park</I> Beach. smile.gif<P>So it will probably be on the grass at the Aptos Seascape <I>Golf Course</I>. Perhaps off of Club House Drive?<P>Earl B. -- I'd try to wave at you as your plane makes its final approach to SJC, except I work just north of the airport and generally the landings come in from the south.<p>[This message has been edited by TodFitch (edited 08-08-2000).]