My Cord

Guest Bigboi

Guest Bigboi

This car has been through an older restoration. It was in Beverly Hills, then Florida. I bought it last year in Salt Lake City. Although the car has some issues, they will be resolved as time goes on. It is complete, has zero rust and needs some soft interior work. It always has and always will leak oil. I am proud of it and amazed at what was done that many years ago. For instance, it has no running boards, a locking gas cap, large horn ring, Big V8 and is front wheel drive. It has the electric/hydraulic pre select shifter and the roof line is almost a foot lower than other sedans its age. I dont want to seem too proud but look at this dash! Thanks for reading. 118-1803_IMG.jpg

They made 1,910 of these and stopped in 1937. I dont know how many remain but this one will one day belong to my grandson.

Beautiful dash in a beautiful car. I've always loved engine turning, even Pontiac had them in the Firebird. A pity they can't make something pretty like that anymore.

My dad just came back from Florida with a new Ford product. I didn't even notice it as new. Grey...blue...black...white...maroon, what's the difference. All of them are ugly! Just my opinion, mine you.

Wayne

Guest Bigboi

Wayne, that is a funny remark. I, too, dont know when they are new. Although new cars are quite dependable and quite safe, the certainly have lost the romance in design.

What a beautiful car. What a beautiful dash!

I agree with the both of you. I mean even the most beautiful plane is history (my opinion anyway) was created in 1969, the Concorde. Now I have to add a Cord to my list of must haves!!!!

Lucky you!

Gary

• 9 months later...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gary_N</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the most beautiful plane in history (my opinion anyway) was created in 1969, the Concorde. </div></div>

Really??? I always thought of the Concorde as fast, but never once thought it was beautiful.

As to the fastback Cord, that's one of my all-time favorites. and the dark blue is the way I'd paint mine (if I had one, which I don't, but I wish I did).

Guest elmo39

that is a really nice looking car , that model Cord has always been on the top of my wish (dream) list . while cord discontinued them in 1937 the body design lived on till 1940 as the Graham Hollywood . Graham bought the rights to the design added a tunnel for the drive shaft and changed it to rear wheel drive.

Guest 57wagon

What a beauty! My grandmother HAD a 37 Cord Roadster back in the day. She has alzihmers now but can still remember driving that car. This is on my dream list, has been since I was 12.

Thank you for sharing a work of art with us. And you are all correct about todays new cars...nothing out there says 'buy me' anymore. They took the must have out of buying cars!

Guest aussie610

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elmo39</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that is a really nice looking car , that model Cord has always been on the top of my wish (dream) list . while cord discontinued them in 1937 the body design lived on till 1940 as the Graham Hollywood . Graham bought the rights to the design added a tunnel for the drive shaft and changed it to rear wheel drive. </div></div>

It was also sold as the hupp skylark