haunted reatta

WHEN I LOCK MY DOORS (THE ANTI-THEFT SYS IS ACTIVATED)THE CAR ALARM WILL AUTOMATICALLY GO OFF BY IT SELF OFF FOR SOME REASON. THIS OCCURS ABOUT TWICE A MONTH WITHOUT A REASON. IS IT HAUNTED OR SOME KIND OF ELECTROCIAL PROBLEM. <BR> THANK YOU

Mine has done this 2 or 3 times. I think that car alarms are just evil, and they go off once in while to remind us of it.

I had a similar problem with my 90 reatta coupe a few years ago. I kept taking it to my Buick dealer until one day it went off at the dealership. The mechanic went over to the passenger door and banged the door with his fist which caused the alarm to stop. Bottom line, it was a faulty switch in the passenger side door. Hope this helps.

The alarm system is involved with the door switches. It is possible to partially open the door, punch the door lock button and activate the security. Then as you open the door further (or someone opens the passenger door to exit) the alarm goes off. This is because the door switch doesn't react until the door is opened quite a ways (check when the dome light goes on). The security system saw the doors as being closed when it was activated, then it detected an open door and it goes off. Be sure the doors are wide open before setting the lock or lock the doors only with the remote after leaving the car.

Hi, everybody, <BR> It's been a little while since I last posted.<BR> I also think it could be the door jamb switch. It could be corroded due to age, wear and tear, and/or other factors.<BR> A couple of times the Black Widow alarm on my '89 Riviera has gone off, and I didn't hear any chirps from the shock sensor, so in my case, I'm not sure whether the door was shut as tight as it could be, or whether the switch in my car is also deteriorating from age as well.<BR> Although a lot of factory alarms don't include shock sensors. My 'Riv doesn't have the factory alarm on it.<BR> I would imagine the door jamb switches would probably be pretty cheap to replace.<BR> If that doesn't fix the problem, I wonder if anybody here thinks it could be the theft deterrent controller or not.<BR> Hope this helps. smile.gif" border="0

Guest wally888

My wife knows how to make this happen!<BR> Have never had alarm go off except when I punch ,"Lock", and she does something on her side while exiting car.<BR> You have to tell them, "Back away from the car", until you get things right!