new ebay format

Guest edalfa

Guest edalfa

I've been selected to preview the new Ebay motors site! To quote Archie Bunker "Woop-de-do!" Anyhow-what is the concensus from anyone else? I find it a bit confusing but I prefer full page menus to drop downs. I guess it is supposed to make things seem more dynamic. It weren't broke so....

Ed

I noticed yesterday that they've changed to format on both eBay and eBay Motors to include <span style="text-decoration: underline">advertizing</span> on the search pages. Not only that but the ads are <span style="text-decoration: underline">active</span>, with moving images and links. Most of the ads are for cars.

First of all, <span style="font-weight: bold">just how much money do they need to make???</span> mad.gif

Secondly, with my fast DSL connection, I had a 3-10 second delay before I could negotiate the search pages. The page would not scan up or down until the ad was fully loaded. It's irritating as hell to have to sit there and wait to hear how wonderful the Ford Fusion is before I can check for parts for the car I DO own. mad.gif

I find the bright white background is hard on the eyes, and I also noticed that the location of the item isn't displayed in the list.

I have to open the actual auction to see the location.

I took their little survey on what I thought of the new format, and vented my frustrations. As if it will do any good, but I felt better!

I don't know why they have to fix what isn't broken.

Guest imported_MrEarl

And what's with all the most sincere and personal bull crap that pops up when you bid....

"Congrats 54roadmasters, you're the first bidder. Hope you win!"

and then when you don't win they get all mushy and say...

"Sorry, you were outbid. This item sold to hopeis2easy for US $1,979.54."

and this car didn't even meet reserve but they still say someone won it. This happens all the time now.

Guest Skyking

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave@Moon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

First of all, <span style="font-weight: bold">just how much money do they need to make???</span> mad.gif

</div></div>

Dave, apparently it will never be enough.......

Their new format $uck$.

Guest DaveCorbin

It looks like a website written by a computer geek, instead of a car guy. Instead of saying "oldest first" the new site says "year increasing." It's a piece of trash. If e-bay paid for that redo, the should either fire their programming team or ask for their money back. I sent them these sentiments weeks ago.

No Regards to e-bay, Dave Corbin

And I thought I was special 'cause I, too, was "selected to preview the new ebay Motors" site. Yeah, it bites, and there's WAY too much information (do I care what: color; mileage; price range, etc.), but it's not so horrible to get used to. Well, maybe the "price range" thingy isn't so bad...

Even with the survey, you know they're not going to change it back!

TG

Guest windjamer

Thank you sky & Dave and all the rest for confirming Im not nuts.I also sent them a reply asking to be removed from there test. I will not use or buy off the new site. If enough of us tell them it shi-s the bed maby they will leave it alone.

Guest Skyking

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TG57Roadmaster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Yeah, it bites, and there's WAY too much information (do I care what: color; mileage; price range, etc.), but it's not so horrible to get used to. </div></div>

TG, the biggest problem I see is once we get used to it, it'll change AGAIN!

Thanks for all the negative feedback on the "new" ebay motors.

I also think it sucks bigtime, but was wondering if all that 'feedback' must have been positive because they seem to be determined to cram this new 'pastel' version down our throats.

I don't like the look, the options (can't find 'closed' auctions, only 'previously sold' which gives a skewed view of what an item really bid for) and countless other flaws.

Keep complaining; I would just be happy if they let people choose the 'old' or 'new' versions to load when they go to the site; that would honestly tell them which site people prefer.

Joe