metal trunk to what

metaltrunk

Well, I'm pretty sure it went to a club sedan, and in 1932 Packard used BASCO keys/locks. BASCO is Briggs and Stratton Company. What other years they used BASCO, I don't know. In 1932, Packard was a one key car, and I would think the trunk was keyed to match the key, so the car remained a one key car. Finding the years Packard used BASCO key/lock systems would be a good start....

If you'll go to the Packard Club..www.Packardclub.org, and look under Showroom..Automobiles, and go to 1934, and to the 11th picture down, you can see a very good shot of the back of a V12 club sedan with trunk. It's very similar to yours.

You can see how the moulding on the side of the trunk fits to the rear fender. Find the matching curve, and you've got the car it goes with.

Happy hunting, Earl

Thank You VERY MUCH Earl! You've no idea how much it helps! Ive been looking for days on the internet and didnt have much luck at all! My roommate thought i was going insane all the time I've spent trying to find out about this thing. Now I can breathe a sigh of relief! This thing did almost turn me crazy! Thanks again,

chris