What is this car?

Dave B.

The car in the photo below is a mystery to my family. My uncle William is shown at the wheel, along with his dog, Joe. There is no year on the photo, but our guess is that it was taken prior to 1920.

This photo surfaced after my uncle's death. I asked my father about it (before he, too, died), but he said that he remembered the car only as the 'Bobcat', which is also noted on the back of the photo.

Can anyone identify this car?

Thanks in advance

Dave B.

post-53472-143137945963_thumb.jpg

Dave B.Stutz used name as Bulldog and Bearcat 1910:s and early 1920:s.I can also read in my book American cars 1805-1942.Bobcat was the name given to a three-cylinder two-seater steam roadster planned to be built in Garfield,Ohio during the early twenties.Refer to MacDonald.

Leif in Sweden.

Thanks for the responses!

I was afraid that there wouldn't be enough detail in the photo for a positive ID. I was hoping that the shape of the cowl might be a tell-tale factor, but it must not be.

The Marion Bobcat lead is very promising. I'd never seen a reference to that car before. I'm also going to contact his two daughters in the hope that one of them may have some old photos, but I'm really not expecting to get much from either of them...

Best regards,

Dave B.

Southern Ohio

An original cellulose pinback with some foxing(*).<span style="font-size: 8pt">

(*)Foxing-Stains in paper, the result of latent oxidizing of trace metals or the growth of molds, usually due to the presence of water in the environment. In pinback buttons, foxing is typically caused by rust on the metal support reacting with and bleeding through the button paper.</span>

post-31787-143137946407_thumb.jpg