Founders Tour DFer's meeting?

novaman

Sounds like a good idea. Take the lead novaman and pick a time. I'm sure if you lead those of us going on the tour will follow. smile.gif" border="0 Father Ron ain't goin, ~ hvs

Speaking of the Founders Tour, I have an extra room reserved at the host hotel. Some friends were going to ride with us and now they're only coming one day. When I went to cancel the room, the hotel suggested I check with any friends that may want the room. If anyone wants the room, contact me.<P><BR>Dan, what night is BBTR?

Janet,<P>I know Wednesday is normally BBTR shirt day. That is not written in stone, it can be anytime. That was only a starting point for shirt day, it doesn't matter - - - all you have to do now is keep the confusion with the Buzzys to a minimum. You know how that group is - - confused very easily. tongue.gif" border="0 <P>Dan

Is that why we fly around in circles? tongue.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0 <P><BR>Oh, Bigbird, help me out here with your wisdom! grin.gif" border="0 <P>I pick Thursday. Now, if that doesn't work, we narrowed it done to three days.

AL,<P>That sounds good. I have my own set of problems here in the West - - - I am trying to get things in a very good order for the tour in August. I do have to go to Bruces and check things out a couple of times before the tour. wink.gif" border="0 I don't want that part of the to be a problem.<P>BB cool.gif" border="0

Me and my big mouth. rolleyes.gif" border="0 I'll have to go get my schedule and review it. Asked a question and got volunteered. shocked.gif" border="0 <P>At any rate, at the tour keep you eyes open for a blue '63 Chevy II Nova 4dr. That's mine cool.gif" border="0. If you see a red '63 Chevy II Nova convertible (hopefully we'll have it fixed in time), that will be my parents grin.gif" border="0 car and they should be able to head you in my direction. <P>Now where did I put those papers.............

Found it!! <BR>what I'm seeing for the schedule is:<BR>Saturday 28th evening-- not everyone there yet.<BR>Sunday 29th evening-- Busy with banquet<BR>Monday 30th evening-- free evening<BR>Tuesday 31th evening-- free evening<BR>Wednesday 1st eveing--directors and past presidents of AACA on Wednesday evening get together. rolleyes.gif" border="0 Lose Howard frown.gif" border="0 and ???? . Oops blush.gif" border="0 and Janet frown.gif" border="0. <BR>Thurday evening -- busy with Sunset Parade <BR>Friday evening -- busy with Closing Banquet<P>How does Tuesday evening sound. Everyone should be back from Niagara Falls about the same time. Then ya'll get something for supper. Then we could meet say about 7:30pm in the main lobby of the Marriott (host hotel and presuming they have a lobby wink.gif" border="0) <P><BR>What do you all think? confused.gif" border="0 Sound good? <BR>I'll have a digtal camera with me for a group photo.<p>[ 06-22-2001: Message edited by: novaman ]

David ~ Sounds good to me, especially since I sort of pushed you into the position of having to pick a day and time. smile.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0rolleyes.gif" border="0 ~ Howard

Hey jac, this is also the first national tour for me. cool.gif" border="0 <P>Janet, it's all in the details if you want something to work. grin.gif" border="0 Then think as a simple person to make sure you didn't over complicate things. If you understood all that you are doing better than I. confused.gif" border="0

I think it is only fair that we bring tools to help DDD restore a car. I was on a Founders tour with him a few years back when he was furnished a car to drive. He ended up rewiring it at 11:00 PM in the parking lot while I held the flashlight. shocked.gif" border="0<P>DDD -- When you get to Ft. Collins in August your loaner car will not need restoration at the hotel. cool.gif" border="0 At least I hope not. How about it Binger? wink.gif" border="0 ~ hvs

novaman ~ Maybe you had better move it back to 8:00 PM. I just got home from a short trip and found an e-mail waiting for me from Doug Drake.<P>It it he states, "On Tuesday the busses from Niagra Falls are to get back to our cars by about 6:30 - 6:45 PM with a 45 minute run back to the hotel." That could make 7:30 a little tight.<P>Howard

Gee David, now that you put it that way, maybe you should consider a breakfast meeting for the next morning. wink.gif" border="0rolleyes.gif" border="0 <P>hvs

David ~ I'm driving a Chev. '51 Belair with powerglide. I will require the full 45 minutes to get back. wink.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0rolleyes.gif" border="0 <BR>~ Howard

Patt ~ Traditionally it has been the middle day of a Tour. So in this case, Wednesday on a 5 day Tour. <P>Anybody have any other ideas, or any reasons why it should not be Wed.<P>Speak, Big Bird. ~ hvs

Howard~ Remember the song "Beep Beep", with the little Nash Rambler? Remember, he rolled down his window yelled "Hey buddy, how do you get this car out of second gear?" As you know with a Powerglide second gear is all there is, there ain't no more. <P>Well my Chevy II has a Powerglide. It just sounds more impressive if I tell them I can do 90 in second than if I tell them top end is 90. wink.gif" border="0 Also, above 70 mine starts to become a real handful to drive.