Plymouth Poly 4 Barrel Manifold.

mlander

For high performance enthusiasts, Plymouth released a dealer-installed High Performance Package in the spring of 1956. Retailing for $746.90, the kit included dual four-barrels, special air cleaners, an aluminum intake manifold, and high performance camshaft. This kit was available for both the 277ci. Belvedere V-8 and the Fury 303ci. V-8. The kit raised the 277’s hp to 230 while upping the Fury’s 303

to 270hp.

The Red Painted manifold below doesn't appear to be <span style="font-weight: bold">Aluminum</span> ,were there several of these manifolds.

http://www.moparts.com/Tech/Archive/smallblock/img/Polydual4bbl.JPG

M. L. Anderson smile.gif

They made a 2 - 4 setup for the Fury 318 up to 1958. After that the big block 350, 361, and 383 took over the performance duties and the 318 became the workhorse. The 318 was available with a single 2 barrel with a single 4 barrel optional up to 62, after that they were 2 barrel only.

Your manifold probably came off a 57 or 58 Fury with the optional 290HP 318.

I am glad you verified what was just a guess to me as just about fifteen minutes ago I posted (guessing)almost the same results as you here state. The problem with my information in an old Motor's Manual stops at 1958 and seems to incorrectly state no carburetor of any type on the engines below, while above statements whether it is a two or a single four barrel on the other engines.

The 1956 was listed as 240 hp, 1957 & 1958 as 290 hp. on the most powerful engines.

M.L. Anderson