1990 Reatta Suspension

Would anyone happen to know if the reatta suspension is the same as any other GM car. Because i m looking to lower my Reatta with some lowering springs and i was wondering if anyone knew what fit or if there was something compatiable with the stock suspension.

The Reatta and Riviera shared the same front and rear suspension. It's unlikely that you will find anyone that will know enough detail to really help. <P>You might start by getting some junk yard Riviera front springs and cutting a coil.<BR>Since the rear uses a composite leaf spring similar to Corvettes, you might get some ideas from the Corvette people. You could probably drop the back at least an inch by removing some of the spring rubber at the top center and maybe changing the plate on each end to something thinner.

Keep in mind that if you do succeed in lowering the back end, you will also need to have the rear end realigned. If the camber is off it can be changed some (decambered mine about a degree) using shims which may need to be ground some to fit proble (see my posts from last year).<P>OTOH while the spec says 0 degree, apparently up to 2 degrees negative does not seem to have much impact (possibly why no factory adjustment).

Mike if you use Barney's suggestions let me know also.<BR>There are no parts/kits for sale that I know of.<BR>If you find a vendor there would be a lot of sales. 1-1.5 inches max<P>Oh, you can get 1/2" by changing to a larger tire/wheel. 225/60 16.