1923 Wheel Wedges

Guest Australian 1923

Guest Australian 1923

I have four different types of wheel wedges which must be imparting a real imbalance to the wheels as there is considerable difference in size and weight. Does anyone know where I might find some of the correct type. From my Master Parts List I believe they are Part Number 150963 (1923 6cyl). Can anyone help.

I am still desperately looking for wheel bearings old or new.

Guest Australian 1923

I now have photos of the correct wheel wedges. There were after market wedges as well and they are very similar without the Buick lettering. I am trying to find either but the original Buick ones preffered

post-48550-14313794606_thumb.jpg

post-48550-143137946061_thumb.jpg

Terry W. was kind enough to send several 1923 wedges my way to replace a number of cracked ones I had a couple of years ago. I know that's not what you were hoping to hear. Not sure how many more he may have. If you have odd wedges but they get the clamping job done, you could still balance the wheel. I did so with standard/modern wheel weights attached to the back (inboard) side of the rim and a simple spin test on the front spindle with the wheel in the air. The same 'heavy spot' settled to the bottom every time and I added weights opposite. Don't laugh but it made a big difference and with a bit of trial you can really get it balanced. Correcting this imbalance on the front made for a vibration free ride. The guy at the tire store gave me a handful of weights for free when I drove up there with my Buick and told him what I wanted to do.

Guest Australian 1923

Hi Brian

Thanks for the advise. Being as old as I am I have a clouded memory of a devise with a bubble in the middle that the wheel went on and you added weights to the rim to get the bubble in the middle. I will have to try and find one. I suspect my wedges being Australian are the ones with the word JAXON stamped in them as that is on the majority of my wedges. I will be flying over for Hershey as usual so will be on the lookout for them. I will post a photo of them as soon as my wife gets back from her trip with the camera.

regards