Panel removal around CRT...Its stuck!

fsc2

I am probably being too cautious, but I don't want to crack the trim panel that goes around the CRT. I have, at least I think I have, all of the screws out of this panel. When I pull on it the left side lifts off okay, but the right side (right side of CRT) is stuck. Is the right side of this panel supposed to pop off, lift up then out, down then out or are there hidden screws somewhere on the right side?

The right side has two vertically aligned tabs (similar to the ones that hold the insturment panel bezel in place) that are spring loaded. They will let go if you can pull straight out on the right side.

I made a tool to help pull straight out that amounts to a screw driver with about 1/4 inch of the tip bent at a 90 degree angle that allows me to hook it behind the panel on the right side of the CRT then pull straight out. Be careful to hook the plastic panel and not just the aluminum cover over the outside.

• 3 weeks later...

With quite a bit of effort, I used a bent tool and popped the panel out. Turns out that one of the metal clips was not in place properly and was jammed between the panel tab and the slot in the dash. I am lucky that it didn't break.

One thing is for sure, if I did not use the bent tool, the panel would have cracked for sure.

Thanks for the help!