Drag Links / Tie Rod Ends

ian418

My 41 parts book shows Part #78-3290 for the Left Side Drag Link End And A 2 Peice Drag Link ..The Left Side Being a long Section that Goes from the Pittman Arm to The Right Side which has a Replacable End .. My Newer Book (41 thru 48)List A 3 Peice Drag Link Consisting of A Center Tube Section with Both Ends Being Replacable and A Part # 11A-3290B For The Left Side At the Pittman Arm..My 41 Conny has this 3 peice set-up.. Dennis Carpenter List A Part # 11A-3290 Without the Letter "B", does anyone Know if this is the Same Part ..I'm not Up on Fords Suffex Numbers After Their Part Number..,What Do They Mean ??

Hi Ian, those suffix letters on basic Ford parts numbers are seldom very significant, often they are the same exact part, as other suffixes and were just changed as parts lists were revised for the next model years, occasionally there is a very minor difference, but it will not affect the installation or operation of the part, but of course compare the original and the replacement meticulously, you can always send the new part back