Engine Size on 1955 Bel Air 210

CraigP

I searched the internet for where to find the numbers on my Bel Air to find the engine size... and to no avail. Some of the numbers I've found in/around the engine are v0516TDJ and

3846559A

LH 2 SCC

I do not believe this engine to be stock.

this car has a V8 Edelbrock Engine 100_6208.jpg

If these numbers arent what I need to use to find the size, where do I find them?

Any help with finding the size and info on SB/BB is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig

To be sure you need the casting number from the rear of the block. The 55 265 would be VOI-Cx, x being different between passenger, std or auto or corvette. 3703524 would be cast into the rear of the block. The number you have posted suggests: Flint Engine (starts with V) Truck engine, late 70's through 80s (TDJ)Sometime in the 70s GM went from two letter to 3 letters, trucks generally starting with T. Your original 55 engine would be a 265 with no oil filter, two barrel carb with road draft tube, stamped steel motormounts on front of block, 3 pointed "star" on timing chain cover, flathead screws holding timing cover on, "rams horn" center dump exhaust manifolds, a two piece iron bellhousing.... You've likely got a "modern" 350 replacement. If it's a truck motor, you can verify the casting number, you may have a 4-bolt main or high nickel block, but they are common. check mortec.com to verify any GM casting numbers.