HELP! Now it won't turn over

Guest Ranger

OK, I have the problem with the climate control on the '90. This morning, I drove the car and parked it in the street. A few minutes (an hour) ago I went out to move it into the driveway. I turned the key on and the following happened:<BR>1. a cyclitic sound from somewhere, not the<BR> radio after I turned the ignition on.<BR>2. I turned the key forward, the dash lit-<BR> up but no starter engagement.<BR>3. In keeping the key in the forward <BR> position, the "security" light turned<BR> into an "electrical problem" light and<BR> the right side of the dash said "error".<BR>4. The headlights seemed dim<BR>5. I turned the car off after several tries.<BR>6. The security light was blinking when I<BR> shut the door, I locked the doors with<BR> the remote and the security light went<BR> to a steady non-flash mode and is still<BR> on.<P>Is this a sign of a failed battery or with the climate control problem am I heading for a melt-down?<P>Any help appreciated,<P>Jim

Here in the great white north we all have heavy duty battery chargers with starting circuits and 00 gauge jumper cables.<P>I would try charging the battery. Cleaning the terminals and cleaning the ground. Information available in search engine.<P>Just might be a weak battery that does not have the oomph to drive engine cooling fans, interior fan, radio and engage air-conditioning. <P> <a href="http://www.exideworld.com/products/trans/productdetail/orbital_automotive_starting.html"> My next LONG LIFE battery</a><P>Evidently they boast that they will not discharge over a winter's storage...so I heard.<P>Robert