These have always fascinated me, especially the very early ones that are so delicate it's amazing they survived. Here is a selection in a showcase I use for rotating displays in the den. They come out at valentines day.

post-30751-143137944113_thumb.jpg

Wow! And I thought my tag toppers & oil bottles were unusual. Common garden compared to the ashtrays from Moneypit & these valentines. Not only are the valentines fun to look at, that is one nice display case as well ~ very cool.

I suspect this forum will really heat up a little later in the year, come fall. Everyone is in the garage, on the road or at a show now!

Thanks for posting -

I think the display case cost more than all the valentines combined! I've always believed in displaying your stuff and have tried hard to find old antique display cases to put things in. It sets them off nicely. I've had to content myself with buying cases that need restoration though, and have been luck finding some real bargains. I think one of the things that will come from this new forum is some ideas on how to display things so you can enjoy them. I even have a small case at the office that gets a rotating display of automobilia. I try to include "seasonal" themes like the valentines, Christmas cards, etc.

This particular case actually came out of an antique mall while on the way up to Hershey a couple of years ago. I just happened to hit it a few hours after it was put out for sale and put a quick deposit on it. Went on to Hershey, sold some stuff and had money in pocket and empty space in the van when it came time to pick it up on the way home. When I went to pick it up, half the other dealers in the mall had stuck sticky notes on it offering to buy it if I decided not to keep it.

Terry