Sign in to follow this  
MarkV

1948 Lincoln Continental Knobs

What does that set of knobs on bottom part of the left side of the dash do?

TURNS HEATER / DEFROSTER ON ...ONE WAY BLOWS.. OTHER WAY SUCKS..SUPPOSED TO BE DIRECT OR INDIRECT FLOW...

IT SHOULD HAVE A PLEXIGLASS WITH MARKINGS ATTATCHED LABLES FOR DIRECTIONS....MAYBE ONE OF THE 5 OR 6 OTHER PEOPLE THAT ACTUALLY POST HERE WILL RESPOND WITH A PHOTO FROM MANUAL

JB

Guest imported_V12Bill

The three knobs are 1, Defroster hi and lo speed push pull knob. 2. underseat heater hi and lo speed turn knob with lite inside when on. 3. Pull knob cable to open and close fresh air valve on engine side of firewall

Thanks!, The 'o' is overdrive right? And do you push that in?And What is that little knob above the hood release?

Guest imported_V12Bill

Push the Overdrive cable IN to engage overdrive and pull it out to take it OUT of overdrive. That little switch that you see above the hood cable is the instrument illumination dimmer switch to increase or decrease the brightness of the instrument lites.

Lets see if the picture of my knobs is posted. Anyway I look in the repro owners manual for my '48 Lincoln Cont. and it shows no pictures or description of the heater. Does an original have info on it? George

post-43004-143137943969_thumb.jpg

I have an original owner's manual for a '48 and it has no pictures or description of the heating/defrost system. It doesn't have a description of the radio and it's operation either. It's a real skimpy owner's manual. The '46 and '47's are the same. The '48 manual shows the interior front compartment for a '46 to boot! The pre-war manuals were much more complete and accurate.

Well, does anyone know where I could find an owner's manual? I am also looking for a hood release and a window pump for a good deal, I just need ones that work nothing fancy.