Master cylinder???

hey guys remember i had the brake failure last week. Well my dad messed with the brakes this weekend and thinks its a bad master cylinder. We tried some places and have no luck finding any. Does anyone know where i can get one??? I dont remember the site but i sent them the part number and they sent me back that tey had them and the price was over $1k!!!!! help guys!!! mad.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0frown.gif" border="0

The master cylinder is <B>very</B> expensive. Not worth it. Lower cost items like the accumulator, pressure switch, and relays are much lower cost and worth pursuing.<P>What makes you think it's the master cylinder? Check out Wally's brake article on the reatta.net site.<P>If you car needs major brake cylinder work, go with a remanufactured ABS unit from Prior, as Rawja suggest. Under $500. smile.gif" border="0

Agree - keep in mind that it is really nothing like a conventional master cyl you get at Manny, Moe, & Jack's. The TEVES has three circuits (not two as in a dual master cyl), the boost is via electro-hydraulics not vaccuum, and the ABS is bult in (can separate the boost circuit from the ABS for troubleshooting but not replacement).<P>If you need to ask, either go to Prior or replace the whole shooting match like Skip did.

Do the Reatta brake test.<BR>I put the Prior rebuilt system on my 90 coupe this past November. <P>Would recommend the total Prior rebuilt system over replacing parts to your original.<P>Prior P/N is 4600134.<BR>Cost 403.95 plus $100 core. <BR>Shipping $10.01.<BR>J M H<BR> tongue.gif" border="0