a computer question

Guest trofeo73

Guest trofeo73

While scrolling though my emm data on my information center, I noticed a few disurbing readings. The cross counts (O2 sensor was not showing anything but 0. The more counts, the more the 02 sensor is analyzing, right. Also on an occasion I would get a code that is ECM failure, and ESC circut fault. Do I need a new prom????????? These codes are intermittants. I guess it would'nt hurt to wiggle the harness around a bit. blush.gif" border="0

Padgett is correct. Most manuals will recommend increasing the engine speed to a 2000 rpm or so for a short time every few minutes while doing any tuning work to keep the O2 sensor hot enough to operate. It needs 600 deg.F. to operate correctly even if the engine is up to temperature.

Ok, I will try that, I found a high performance camshaft made by sealed power. It states that it should not be used on pollution controled vehicles, so I guess it must be at least a little more radical. I will post the specs. I know that if I want blistering speed I should buy an older fast car, but I like mine and am tired of all these little import F@$%* bragging about how fast their car is with all of the BOLT ON stuff they buy. I recently got to borrow a 95 eldo with the northstar engine,,,, delivered much peice of mind when encountering wanabee hot rodders

At idle, it's normal for the O2 cross counts to read 0, but the ecm and esc failure codes are nreally scary. Intermittent esc codes are the worst to have to troublshoot. The only suggestion I can offer right now is to remove the ignition module and mounting bracket, and thouroughly clean-up. Especially where the module and bracket meet. This is a known problem area. Make sure the grounds are clean. <P> If you don't find any trouble here, you're probably looking at a faulty ecm or prom, no good way to know which, which means if the problem re-occurs, the only suggestesd course is to replce the ecm and prom. There is a code for a faulty prom, but I've only seen it set when someone left it out. I've also fixed esc codes with a prom, too. Tough situation. <P> You've probably heard of ignition module failures on these cars, but this is often confused with or related to a coil failure. Coil failures are common, but an esc code from an ignition mudule is rare. I have also seen where a secondary ignition leak will set an esc code, so be carefull there.