T3 headlights and rules for 2008. Anyone know what was decided?

Shop Rat

The Judges Newsletter listed some of the changes for 2008 but this wasn't on the list. It was stated that the list was just a few of the changes.

I am very curious as to what was decided about T3 headlights. I know others are as well.

Rick, Thank you so much for your answer. As you know this is an issue that cropped up here and then in the Round Table meeting in New Bern. I am happy to hear that it is still on the agenda to be addressed.

While this issue may not affect that many people, the ones that it does affect (including judges)at least will know for sure what the rule is. And it will be good to have the rule, whichever way it goes, put into the 2008 Offical Judging Manual.

Dear Susan,Please explain what's the T-3 story???I am putting a 67 Nova SS[hey novaman are you listening]together x dragcar for the street.YES,it has 16" slicks,tig welded roll cage,4 link an 800 hp bb Chevy with a Lenco trans and last but NOT least T-3 headlights.diz

sorry dizzy, all I can do is weep. frown.gif anything other than a Nova...oops smile.gif my day just brighten, you said it was a '67.. That's permissable in my book ('66 only other year permissable).

wink.gif

The T-3 thing is some folks are trying to make it mandatory in judging that if your vehicle came with T-3 headlights, you need them or get a point deduction.

All I can say is they'll need to illustrate which are the correct ones for which years in the judging manual cause if they are required it should be that the CORRECT style T-3 is there, not just any T-3.

• 3 months later...
Guest my3buicks

Of another issue, people lump 56-72 T3 lamps as being available - 1972 used a totally different style than the previous years T3's, it was a one year only design. The manufacturers say no way will they make a one year only lamp, so lumping all T3 years as available is incorrect.

Someone other than me is the one that stated that t3s are available if you will check back through the orginal thread. That person did not state which ones.

We had a 1958 Chevy Biscayne and we had proper T3s for it. As a matter of fact, we still have a bunch of them somewhere in the garage.