1924 cleveland

need some help guys, I was soooo very excited to find someone who knew about clevelands...have started buying older cars and restoring them. Found a 1924 Cleveland, darn thing cranks. But the guy is asking a good bit of money. so I came home to do my homework cause i never heard of a Cleveland before. After six hours of research i am more confused than ever. Nothing at hemmings, what I did find says that 6 different independent car companys made "Clevelands". But I have narrowed the field down to Chandler, however the only photos i found has only 4 door cars. this is a two door. It also says "Cleveland Motor Car Company" on the engine. Like I said this beauty cranks, have not driven it, but was pleased it cranks. No cancer on it anywhere. Guy wants 38,000 for it....does that sound high to you guys?

Sure does soud high! Are you sure there is not an extra 0 in there? 1924 was about the last year that Chandler made Clevelands. There were supposed to be a smaller cheaper version of the Chandler. Ford and Chevy did a better job in the market, so Clevelands became entry model Chandlers. My own 1929 Chandler is a decendant of the line.

For the most part Clevelands are more rare than a Chandler, but not necessarily more desiarble.

If you can get the car's serial number I can confirm the model and year for you.