Seat Covers

Has anyone had any experience with a company called "Trimcar" in Florida? Their website offers custom leather seat covers at several ratios - 100% leather, 70% -50% - and a plush vinyl. I was quoted a price of $ 549.00 for a complete set of plush vinyl covers for my 1989 red/ginger TC. this would include the headrests and console cover. The reply I received from the company said that they had done "several" TC's recently - if so, I would think that at least a few of them would be viewers of this forum. I would be interested in knowing your opinion as to quality, fit, appearance, and ease of installation.

Tom

TCA 2025

Guest mtworkshop

I have had a set of covers made by Trimcar. Mine are ginger "Plush Vinal." The seat back aquired a "RUB" mark early in the life of the seat right at the place where my belt rubs the piping at the top of the bottom pannel. Over time the rub has exposed the inside plastic of the piping. The seat is also showing wear at the eedge where my but slides over the piping getting in and out of the seat. Trimcar has made new seat backs for me at a cost of $100 plus shipping. I will get my $100 back when I send the old seat back and if Trimcar believes that they are at fault. I have been busy puitting on a new top and with other stuff so I haven't changen out the seat back covers yet. I do not reccommend the Plush Vinal as I believe that it is not the correct material for this application. Otherwise they did a good job on my seat covers. Try the Leather.

Ask what kind of hides they use. when I was playing with that stuff for a living "Connoly" (probably spelled incorrectly)(and english) were the "Good" hides of choice.. Car Chick can probably add much to this. It also takes a knowledgeable and experienced leather person to cut them correctly. you can't use all the hide and there is a correct direction for the wear and strain.. LZ