Transmission Fluid

Use dexron in these. I personally use a name brand oil like pennzoil or valvoline. My Dad always told Me I could use a cheap oil filter but buy good oil.

Joanb;<P>Some controversy here about replacing transmission fluid by removing the pan and replacing the filter at the same time. Some say do not touch the transmission others say it is part of good preventative maintenance program. I do it regularly every couple of years.<P>I use 5 gallon pails of Wal-Mart Finest Synthetic Automotive Transmission Fluid Dextron III / Mercon their UPC scan number 2413525009.<BR>I last purchased it in November 2001 and the local store here in Ottawa. I believe I paid $CDN95 which is $US59.48<P>This is not the best synthetic automatic transmission in the world but it is probably better than the regular mineral based products by a wide margin.<P>If just topping up...find and fix the leak first.<P>good luck Robert

I just had a flush and fill (completely flushed the system added new fluid) and the car is noticebly better. Previously had the pan dropped, new filter and new fluid every 2 years.