Fenderwelt 1939 Buick Century

airbrushguy

Guest myfirstbuick

Hello airbrushguy, I have a '39 Special original. I'll review all the locations and reply this evening.

Guest myfirstbuick

Maybe you can help ME with a question because Century and Special were so similar - in the photo attached of the shifter and clutch linkage do I have my bottom spring attached in the right location?

post-36869-143137942567_thumb.jpg

I'd love to help you, but I am resto-rodding the car and the original engine,trans and rear...are no longer. Sorry to the members that feel this is wrong, but I've built a terrific ride, that when done will appear totally stock on exterior and interior, but will reliably take me all across the US in my retirement years.

Thanks

Guest myfirstbuick

No problem, airbrushguy. Thanks for responding.

Your car sounds great. To me, that's why this hobby is so terrific - to each his/her own. Some of mine are totally original and some are resto-rodded.

Sure would like to see some pics..

Myfirstbuick is correct. The fender welt is always black,regardless of the color of the car and goes all the way around the rear fenders. On the front fenders it goes only up as high as the bottom edge of the hood side panels where the five bolts connect the rear of the fenders to the cowl. IF you have sidemounts, the fender welt along the bottom edge of the sidemount cover is painted the color of the car. I used flex paint.

Guest 39convertible

hi

i dont know about the spring location but i need the z-bar for my -39 century and i need the linkage and springs too

please let me know if someone can help me with those parts.

my email is: portman@telia.com

thanks Janne