strange 56 Super

B.Goode

I don't think the chrome trim on the roof is a stock item or any '56 Buicks had the top two toned that way. The car is in very good shape and well restored but the interior does not look stock. The accessory "for lights" are probably an after market item.

This is an excellent argument for improperly associating the word "restored" with a classic car. There are so many things done wrong on this car that it would take quite a bit to mention them all. Suffice it to say the roof is totally wrong, and depending on how that chrome strip is attached could be a big problem in the future.

Be that as it may, the car is in very nice condition. The chrome looks excellent, the seats are functional, and the car looks like it's kept indoors. At best this car is refurbished, and even modified, but not restored.

JD

I agree with you John, I should not have used the word "restored." Refurbished would have been a better choice. It's a shame that he modified the roof with the chrome strip and weird two toning. It is a nice car in good condition, but if it were mine I would have to change the roof back to stock configuration. I only like stock original/restored cars, and particularly don't like hot rods or cars with 350 chev engines replacing the stock engine.

Guest Skyking

The guy looks like he spent a fair amount of money redoing this car. It amazes me why they leave narrow white-walls on it. cry.gif I'd rather see blackwall tires than those. To me, it spoils the whole looks. And I agree, the chrome strip must go...........

Skyking,

I was going to say the same thing. The underside is really clean. Whoever did the interior did a REALLY good job, although I'm not sure why they screwed the gas pedal together. There are things that aren't right as far as BCA judging goes, but a nice, respectable driver......

Then those tires? Without getting into the bias ply vs. radial argument, they have radial whitewalls, use 'em. You add several thousand dollars to the look for under $600 bucks.

I'm not sure if they were trying to go for some sort of Crown Victoria look with that chrome strip on top, but it's out of place on an otherwise "stock" car. (I will also not go for the obvious "Why would you want a Buick to look like a Ford?" comment either).

Mike