1965 Riv Starter-I need to find one. NAPA

oldstyle

Guest Chucks70

I tried NAPA when the starter went out on my 65' Riv. Turns out none of the part numbers would correspond to an actual starter body that would fit. I went to my local trusty mechanic and he rebuilt my original starter for 20 bucks and his turnaround was only a day. If you have your original starter, take it out of the car and find a local guy that can rebuild yours. That would be your best bet. If you have to have a replacement you might also try Rock Auto at rockauto.com.

Hope this helps!

The listings for starters that are available from Advance Auto for your 65 Riv are easier to understand than the listings for NAPA. From the pictures on the NAPA siet, it looks like some of their applications are either universal or aftermarket hi-torque mini starters. The site for Advance is part of the larger Parts America website.

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductList.aspx?PartType=123&PTSet=A&SearchFor=Starter

There are only three choices from Advance; all OEM style starters: a rebuilt Beck-Arnley, a new Beck-Arnley, or a rebuilt Delco. Prices are relative to what you get.