Help to Identify this Body

Guest CutNChop

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cut_n_Chop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gee, no-one has any idea at all? Must be rare wink.gif </div></div>

Cow poop on the New York City Subway is rare... but that doesn't make it worth anything. grin.gif

Guest CutNChop

So, is it OK to hot rod this? Can I chop the top, add A/C and power windows and a Chevy 454?

Or does that destroy it's historical significance.

I suppose I should do the right thing and let a restorer have it and look for a car that's too far gone.

wink.gif

Guest CutNChop

I thought 1927 Studebaker as well, but the side body creases seem too far apart and the back door has 3 hinges and the Studebaker only has 2. Also the top hinges are in different locations.

(picture found on the 'net)

1927Studebaker.jpg

Okay I see my folly there. How about a 1927 Oldsmobile 30 E then? I notice some Whippet's carry similar lines as well but I only found the hinge placements on a 1928 very rare body style (Holden) Australia so I would go with my Oldsmobile guess. At least this gives you something else to examine.. JO BO

I still say "1926 Chrysler Series 58". 1927 Chrysler is close, but I don't see a cowl vent on 27's.

By the way, wasn't this picture posted back at the beginning of the year as "Abandoned Forest Car"? How about changing title to: "Unforgettable Forest Car"?