Stutz Spark Plugs

A friend needs spark plugs for his Stutz. My literature doesn't show the application. Does anyone know the correct plug #'s and where one might obtain some?<BR>1930 Stutz<BR>8 cyl. 3 3/8 bore, 4.5 stroke 322 cu. in.<BR>O.H. cam w/9 main bearings.<BR>He has one clue that it may take C86 plug?<BR>Any help would be greatly appreciated.<BR><P>------------------<BR>

• 2 weeks later...

As a spark plug collector, I also have accumulted a collection of old catalogs and info, and my literture indicated the original plug for Stutz (pre 1932) was the Champion 7. These should be readily available in large swap meets like Hershey, but they are getting a bit expensive. A lot of other cars used them too. Nice looking old plug with blue steel body and a nice brass cap. Don't know if they are visible in a Stutz or not, so it may not matter. My cross-reference charts are certainly not current, but show also that Champion D-16 can be used. Maybe an auto parts store can convert that into a more modern plug number. I have an AC conversion chart that shows the AC number as C86 or TC86. Not sure what the gap setting is.<P>Incidentally, AC did make a spark plug specially for Stutz. It has the Stutz logo on the porcelain insulator. Im fortunate enough to have one in my collection.<P>Terry