1936 Nash Ambassador Identification Question?

Guest BJM

Hello,

I would post this question in the Nash section but feel I will get a faster response up here. I am looking at a 36 Nash and wondering what the numbers were identifying it as either a 6 cylinder or 8 cylinder. Unfortunately, the drivetrain is gone. The seller states it's got a number on the title 3620. But he has not located any other identification easily. I do not have the pre WWII Standard Catalog. Can someone help me? Does the 3620 mean anything? Both the 6 cylinder and the 8 cylinder Nash Ambassadors were on 125 inch wheel bases for 1936.

Thanks

Jake

Jake,

The number 3620 is it's model number and that makes it a Ambassador 6 cylinder. The 8 cylinder would have been a Model 3680. Serial numbers for the car you're looking at should range from R303301 to R309310 and were located on the right front frame under the hood.

I hope this helped.

Rick

That's EXACTLY what I needed because I wanted to know if I was looking at a 6 cylinder car or an 8. In returning it to original, I would want to get a 6 cylinder engine and drivetrain, not an 8, although an 8 is preferred.

Jake