Help with code!! Please

Ok I have the 89 with 111,000k on it. Im getting around 15mpg frown.gif" border="0 I just checked my service codes and the only current one is E044 can someone tell me what this is thanks mad.gif" border="0rolleyes.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0

My '89 manual confirms that EO44 is for a lean exhaust indication.<P>It goes on to say that the car is then set to "open loop operation" which would certainly cause poor gas mileage.<P>Probably a bad oxygen sensor.<p>[ 02-08-2002: Message edited by: RawjaNYC ]

You can pick up a new oxygen sensor at any auto parts store (less than $50.00) and install it in about 15 minutes. It is near the firewall on the exhaust. Looks like a little spark plug. It is a tight reach but it is not too difficult. If you are not mechanically inclined, any mechanic can do it.<P>Understand that diagnosing your car via a BBS is tricky, and I (we) may not have the correct answer, but this has been the solution to other's identical problem in the past and the oxygen sensor is supposed to be changed out like every 30,000 miles anyway, so I would guess you are due.<P>let us know if this fixes you problem.