Information on the 1972 Silver Arrow III

Guest Gee_Rydes

Guest Gee_Rydes

Can anybody direct me to additional info and/or photos of the Boattail Silver Arrow?

I am trying to identify colors used exterior and interior, and any other mods that were done.

Thanks

Dave

Guest Riviera66

The car was originally a 1971 Riviera made the 5th week of August (reportedly VIN#83 though the VIN plate is now gone, slightly after my own Riviera which is #67) with Silver Fern paint, no vinyl top, and pearl white StratoBucket interior. It was pulled off the line and then Buick redid it for '71/72 show season.

I've taken well over 100 photos of it at the ROA International Meet. As far as number of modifications... it depends on how you count them. I've counted at least 30 major modifications and if you get very picky and count everything different from a normal '71 you could easily approach 100. Some day maybe I'll get around to writing this one up also for the Riview...

Darwin Falk

1966-70 ROA Technical Advisor

Guest Gee_Rydes

Thanks for the info, Darwin. From the pictures I have seen, I thought the paint was two toned.

The interior looks like a silver color in the few photos I have seen. Maybe next year I can make it to the meet and see her in person. If there is some way that would be easy for you to share those photos, I would be more than appreciative. I happen to live pretty close to you