Sign in to follow this  
ixlar8

Has anyone added key fob auto for 79-85 power locks??

I have an 85 drop top. I would like to add a key fob power lock and truck auto unit. I have examined several in the web, and are wondering if anyone has made this conversion. I am trying to add the convenience as I have on my late models instead of using the key in the lock. I just want to press a button to pop the truck or doors! Thanks!

Larry

ixlar8@comcast.net

Larry I have an aftermarket alarm on my 85 Riv that will unlock the doors with a keyfob but not the trunk. I would suspect to get the trunk to unlock you'd have to run or switch the wire to the trunk release so it's hot during key off since the factory setup you have to have the ign on for it to work.

Can you tell me the name or type or where you bought this device?? Thanks

No, it was already installed when I bought the car. Almost every aftermarket alarm will unlock the doors upon disarming if you already have power locks. Trunk unlock feature is something that can be added to most aftermarket alarms too. BTW while your making things cooler on your car if you like you can have the shop use a white LED to snake around behind your existing security light on your dash so they won't have to drill a hole in the dash and your security light will flash.