Sign in to follow this  
bohdy

WANTED: 1969 Riviera stainless rocker panel moldings

Hello,

Does anyone know how I can get stainless steel rocker panel moldings for a '69 Riv? Thanks in advance for your help.

I've got what your looking for but just don't have the time to part the car out.It's a almost complete 68 riv GS that i would like to sell whole.I believe the radio and dash pad are gone.the car is in Vermilion Oh.Let me know if your interested. Tom

bohdy,

If you are looking for new ones, CARS, Inc. sells reproductions for $96.00 a pair. Door sill plates part #DS-660.

Thanks for your help, Dan, but the parts I'm looking for are stainless steel and go on the outside of the vehicle from behind the front wheel well to the rear bumper.

Guest BJM

Are you talking about the long ribbed pieces? Maybe you need to include a photo? I think they are about 4 inches high and run between the wheel wells. I have a pair of those but again - we need a photo to make sure we are talking apples to apples.

Sounds like he's looking for the 1 inch high stainless trim piece with the matte black insert that is a few inches above the door bottoms. If so, they may be hard to find. I have seen them ocassionally on Ebay.

See ROA forum posting on first page entitled "'68 Riviera GS Identifying Markings" and click on the attachment: 465593.carshows065.jpg The white Riviera has the stainless steel moldings I'm speaking of. John

Hi,

I went through the same hunt last year for the stainless pieces. I got lucky and puechased them from various sources. Try the following:

http://stores.ebay.com/Wheatbelt-Buick-Parts

He may have soome pieces.

http://www.v8buick.com/index.php?

A good group to post your needs.

http://www.rivowners.org

If you arn't a member yet, a great organization to belong, and, a super email forum you can join that's a great source for Riviera owners.

Best of luck,

Joe Ferrante

I have a set of these, good condition, but not perfect. I'm asking $75 each plus shipping.

Mike

Buick Bonery

916/599-3934