Fog Light Switch

In need of the light switch for the fog lights that fits in the consoul on a '91. Any ideas? Does anyone know the Part number and the cost?<P>Thanks BJ(Ohio Reattas)

Some shots for the hip......<BR>The 1991 switch looks pretty conventional except for the rocker. Once you get the switch out of the car, take it to an appliance repair location and see if they have one of the same size.<BR>The original switch will probably have the name or logo of the original manufacturer.<P>Second phase, it is possible to dissasembly most of these switches. If you can find a new switch from the same manufacturer, you can use the new "guts" and the old rocker to produce a good, original looking switch.<P>If you solve your problem and still have the old switch, I would love to have it. I will do some research and if I can resolve the parts availabity problems, write an article on how to rebuild/restore the switch.

The fog light switch is fixed... the problem was the cover was sbapped off while working on the concel and I placed it on the dash toglue it back on well...it came up missing.Today I found a mounting plate for a under the dash. Cut the top off and applied double tape to the bottom and looks alot better...First piece I misplaced so far.....<BR> Thanks to all for the ideas and information...Again<P>BJ(Ohio Reattas) smile.gif" border="0

The fog light switch is fixed... the problem was the cover was snapped off while working on the concel and I placed it on the dash toglue it back on well...it came up missing.Today I found a mounting plate for a under the dash. Cut the top off and applied double tape to the bottom and looks alot better...First piece I misplaced so far.....<BR> Thanks to all for the ideas and information...Again<P><BR>BJ(Ohio Reattas) smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0

I HAVE A 1989 REATTA, SES LIGHT SAID ENGINE ELECTRICAL PROBLEM....DEALERSHIP REPLACED THE FUEL PUMP, STRAINER AND FILTER...STILL DOWN. <BR>BUDDY HAD A RIVIERA SAID AND REPLACED A CAM SHAFT SENSOR AND MAGNET. AND IAC SENSOR. STILL DOWN. IT WILL RUN AND THEN DIE...IT WILL NOT STAY RUNNING ANY AMOUNT OF TIME.<BR>WHAT DO YOU THINK? DESPERATE IN OHIO confused.gif" border="0

I HAVE A 1989 REATTA, SES LIGHT SAID ENGINE ELECTRICAL PROBLEM....DEALERSHIP REPLACED THE FUEL PUMP, STRAINER AND FILTER...STILL DOWN. <BR>BUDDY HAD A RIVIERA SAID AND REPLACED A CAM SHAFT SENSOR AND MAGNET. AND IAC SENSOR. STILL DOWN. IT WILL RUN AND THEN DIE...IT WILL NOT STAY RUNNING ANY AMOUNT OF TIME.<BR>WHAT DO YOU THINK? DESPERATE IN OHIO confused.gif" border="0

Unfortunately I have recently become a semi-expert on cam sensors and magnets. Lack of the magnet will not make the car stop running. Just lights up the service engine soon light and the light in my Buick dealer's service department contacts eyes. Look elsewhere.

Ralph, you should have started a new post rather than attach to this one.....it makes it harder to search for the subject.<P>You said the car runs then dies.<P>When you start it, it runs then dies at idle?<BR>It dies before you put it in gear?<BR>After you put it in gear?<BR>Can you bring the RPM up to 1200 and it continues to run?<P>The answers to the above can eliminate some components.