Radio in the '89, digital dash, and carpet questions

ludovici

As I prepare for my battle today with the sunroof I wanted to ask if someone could please explain the radio configuration in the '89. I'm guessing replacement or upgrade isn't much of an option since it's integrated into the touchscreen. Are there options?

As for the dash, mine appears to be dead, though the idiot lamps work and the test button. Is there a common point of failure component-wise that I can look for? In a previous life I was an electronics tech, the dash is comprised of discrete components, and I'm pretty handy with a soldering iron, so if there are specific things I can look for besides burnt and crispy resistors, that would be great. Are there available schematics?

Okay, the carpet. That strangely pink carpet. Has anyone ever tried carpet dye? I found carpet dye specifically for cars and wondered if that's even a remotely decent way to go. I'd prefer replacing it, but $30 versus $300 is tough.

Last but not least, does anyone have an extra gas door latch, the piece of plastic that's attached to the door itself with two screws? I'd much rather swap that piece than swap the whole door assembly.

Thanks for everyone's assistance on my foray into the world of Reatta. :-D

I have never replaced the sunroof cables myself so cannot be of much help there but I do have several Reatta parts cars and do have a good working IPC and the latch for the gas door. I can be reached at jfinn@cpinternet.com Please include your zip code for shipping costs.

After posting this message I looked on Ebay and see you are the high bidder on one there. My normal price is less than your current bid.

Guest Durahansolo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ludovici</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As I prepare for my battle today with the sunroof I wanted to ask if someone could please explain the radio configuration in the '89. I'm guessing replacement or upgrade isn't much of an option since it's integrated into the touchscreen. Are there options?</div></div>

Radio Module Location Link

Aftermarket Radio Install Link

Did some searching for some old topics that I remembered had good pictures of things described.