BUILD RECORDS - Ever been put on CD? Available Anywhere else?

Guest Rob1960

Guest Rob1960

I would very much like to find out my 1936 Dodge's original Serial Number, and thus get a copy of the Build Records. Are the BUILD RECORDS at the Walter P. Chrysler Museum available anywhere else? Have they ever been scanned to a CD or published in a book that could be purchased? Has any list ever been published correlating the original engine numbers and serial numbers? I have a 1936 Dodge 2 door Touring Sedan, which lost its Serial Number plate somewhere in the distant past. The number is NOT stamped anywhere on the frame, as some have suggested. [That was done on Canadian Dodges, I think] My car is believed to have its original motor, and is today titled with that number. It is also believed the car was originally purchased in south western Illinois, and stayed there most of it's life. I also believe the Avon green color was original to my car.

Given the fact that relatively few 36 TWO door TS were built, I think with allot of personal research, I could eventually find my missing information. I've submitted a request twice to the archivist at the WPC Museum, accompanied with a check. Both times he's returned the check

indicating he cannot perform any sort of search without knowing the original Serial Number. I can understand his time limitations. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks.

My trusted source states that Serial Numbers for your '36 Dodge Beauty Winner Six are on a plate on the right front door pillar. They range from 4015051 to 4276687. The Motor Numbers are on the left side of the cylinder block and range from D2-1001 to D2-266089. You likely know the locations of both numbers, so maybe the ranges of both will help.

TG

Guest Rob1960

That looks like a difference of 261,636 which I guess represents the total number of 36 Dodges built. Is there a record of specifically how many of those were a TWO door Touring Sedan?