Engine Code Question

Mr Riviera

LX or LW or LT, but I've never heard of or seen an LWX. If the VIN numbers match, I'd have to assume that it's a factory mistake of some sort. My other thought would be that the owner came up with a 2X4 setup and put it on a 425 engine then stamped the X after the proper code of LW. According to the ROA website, there were 2,311 Rivieras ordered with the 425 that weren't the Super Wildcat option. There were also 454 Rivieras with the Super Wildcat option that didn't come with the GS option. It looks like you've got a puzzle to try to piece together.

Ed

• 4 weeks later...
Guest musclecarfan65

hmmm ... if i remember correctly i saw a posting in the forum V8buick or somewhere here where a guy with a red wildcat who had an unknown coding on his engine. in the following discussion he found out that he is the proud owner of an extremely rare car fitted with a prototype engine with aluminium heads (or was it intake?). buick made only few of these and when he once offered the car noone wanted it because they all thought he would lie about the engine code. maybe this helps ... but the story must be in one of the 2 forums i regularly visit/read. what a pity i can't remember where i read this ... :-(