Sign in to follow this  
CA_Kustoms

Where are all the buicks ?

June first through the third I attended the Goodguys Nationals in Loveland, Colorado. The meet was the biggest one I have ever been to and it was great, but after walking for countless miles and fourteen hours I only encountered four Buicks. What a disappointment! Don't get me wrong, the show was great and with around fifteen hundred cars to look at, I couldn't keep my shirt dry with all the drooling. However I was suprised to not see more Buicks in the bunch. There were two station wagons with the little windows around the top of the roof(my father mentioned the name,but I forget sometimes), one 56 convertable (super?,I can't remember)that was waiting for a resto., and one 49 super in the swap area that needed a whole lot of lovin'. I've been traveling to Colorado for 23 years and nothing against those who live there but I've never ran into the friendliest folks I've ever met, but boy were the people at the show a change of scenery. If someone was taking a picture- everyone near the vehicle backed away and never once did anyone walk in front of my camera when it was in use. Like I said, save for the annual Route 385 cruisers show here in Alliance I've never been to a "real" meet, but if the folks everywhere are as nice as the ones I met, then it's no wonder everyone always has such a great time at these events.

Anyways, just thought I'd spout out a little bit of my experiance. Since there's no Buick guys around my neck of the woods, I had to tell someone. grin.gif

I live in Colorado Springs and I can tell you that one reason you saw so few Buicks is that there seems to be a car show in Colorado of some sort every weekend during the summer.I have to be a little careful because all the entry fees can turn into real money right quick.

I have a '51 Roadmaster and my wife makes me put a nickel in a glass jar on the front seat anytime someone comes up to me and says, "My father (or grandfather) used to drive one just like that." The jar is almost full. Boy, there must have been a ton of '51 Roadmasters made!

Rod