Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'starter fire'.
Found 1 result
I just got my starter and generator rebuilt for my 1949 Roadmaster hoping it would help with my hot start problems. I put them in tonight and fired her up. Well, she fired up but the starter was whizzing and stayed on even when I turned the car off. I quickly popped the passenger side of the hood, and disconnected the battery. While doing this I saw that my positive battery cable was sticking onto the other terminal on the starter and smoking! A little flame even started.. Ok. So back tracking in my mind, I remember that when I connected my positive cable to the terminal on the starter, the cable was touching the other terminal on the starter. Now, even though the positive cable is new, proper gauge, and insulated, do you guys think that current may have arced and caused my starter to stay on and nearly catch fire??? Please let me hear your thoughts. Jerry 1949 Roadmaster