F/S 1959 Plymouth Fury Sport Coupe Factory ICE COLD A/C

THIS IS NOT MY CAR, MY GOOD FRIEND AND FELLOW AACA MEMBER ASKED ME TO POST THIS FOR HIM

1959 Fury, two door hard-top, 318 two barrel automatic. This car was purchased at Hershey about 10 years ago, it is an Arizona car. The car has swivel buckets, radio, heater, power steering, power brakes. There is no rust or rot problems or evidence that there ever was any. There is a spare 318 four barrel engine also available. The car is located on Long Island NY aprox 40 miles from NYC. Seems like a deal when a 58 sold on Barret Jackson Tuesday for $170,000! $26,500 takes this away (I think it is too cheap!) Todd (631)258-5385

The A/C system was just rebuilt and charged with R-12, tires are good, this is a turn key car!

post-59553-143142935703_thumb.jpg

Edited by Biscayne John (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

John it was sold sight unseen, by a dealer in the Midwest, my buddy called me and said everything went down in 48 hours from cash transfer to car carrier picking it up. I had bought at least 5 cars sight unseen and never had a problem, and even sold one. One I bought was here on the forum a few months ago, very happy.

If a dealer bought it, the car likely will reappear soon on the market.

It will be interesting to see his asking price.

That's a neat car that I definitely took note of. I believe it's a Fury,

John--less common than the usually seen Sport Furies. You can tell,

for one, by the side trim. Regrettably I can't own everything I see!

• 2 months later...

I see the car is now for sale by the dealer (in Missouri):

"Showroom price $42,900; Ebay special $39,900."

So if a Mopar hobbyist could have stretched to the original

asking price of $26,000--but hesitated for financial or family

reasons--now it's probably out of his league at almost $40,000.

Has the dealer added $14,000 of value to the car?

Hey John, He did buy the car for less then 26K...... the car really did not need anything except for a good detail. The owner was trying to sell the car for some time at 27K. He had it at Hershey, HMN, AACA Mag, and not even a call. I thought that the price was very resonable and if were a 59 Chevy with A/C in the same shape it would have gone for at least 40K a year ago. He did have some guys from France look at it, after Herhey but they were also looking at a 59 Pontiac and they opted for the Pontiac. So he was motivated. It really was (is) a good car!