Guest shadetree77

Guest shadetree77

I got a request from a fellow member to provide some more visual help with hose routing on his '52 with Dynaflow. The hand drawn diagrams weren't specific enough. Understandable as there are what seems like 10 miles of hoses on these cars! I decided to post what I came up with here in the hopes that it may help someone else looking for this info. Here is my response to his inquiry:

Before you begin, you do have the metal nipples that go into the water pump right? One long one and one short one.(see water pump picture)

x5va.jpg

Also note that numbers 1, 4, and 5 converge in a metal "Tee" with number 4 being at the bottom of the "Tee".

v2dd.jpg

You can use this simpler diagram to determine hose lengths. You might want to cut an extra inch or so just to make sure you have enough. You can always trim it as needed but you can't add any if you come up too short!

53fy.jpg

Edited by shadetree77 (see edit history)

For the rest of the forum followers, I wanted to thank Robert publically for the post above. We'd spent over 3 months working an hour here, and an hour there, and could NOT figure out the hoses, until Shadetree went out and took pictures clear enough for a four year old (and me) could follow. Thank you buddy!

Dale