North East Electric Company Generators

Digging thru the shed I found a bunch of starters and generators from North East Electric Company. Is there any type of cross reference as to what models and types fit what vehicle?

First 2 I found are a Model M Type 3806-L-4 6volt and a Model R type 3581 with chain sprockets.

Any idea what they go to?

Thanks,

Tony

Guest leadfoot

NorthEast electrics (on my car = starter-generator combo, distributor, coil, starter switch, horn, speedometer) were used on Dodge cars and Graham Brothers trucks up to the late 20s, at least, before Chrysler bought Dodge Brothers. NorthEast was also used on other brands. Somewhere I have cross references on electrical system suppliers during the 20s and will try to look up details for you.

Thanks - I know how hard some things are to come by and it may brighten somebody's day. My ancestors had Overland's, Chalmers, Rickenbackers, REO's, and of course Model T's. I know - I have the manuals and registrations. I'll get some pictures of the parts.

Guest imported_RAH

Tony,

Sorry to be so tardy with this response. I have been out of town. Your Mod. T friends are correct. The Model 'M' type 3806-L-4 is what is referred to as a Ignition/Generator. It had a distributor fastened to the rear of the generator. It is 6v. and cw rotation. It is listed in my North East book as originally installed on a Reo Speedwagon Model F truck from 1920 - '22. The book also says to use the type 6058 - L-4 for replacement service. This on N/E plate #10151.

The Model R type 3581 is a starting motor 6v ccw rotation of the 'gear reduction' type and was installed on Reo passenger cars from 1919 - '20. The 3581-A was used from '21 - '25. The book also states to use the type 6237 for replacement service. This from N/E plate # 10130. I hope this helps.

Rodger "Dodger" Hartley

• 9 years later...
Guest MKarr

I have a 1924 dodge brothers car with a north east elect.co starter/generator s#2300428 model#ga 3804 12volt ,im looking for brushes ... Any Ideas?

Thank you in advance, Mike