• Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by dalef62

  1. dalef62

    What car is this?

    I think what you are seeing is not a #9, but there the air was sucked through the radiator to the fan blades. The #9 on the second picture is more squared off.
  2. I just saw these Lincolns on Pickers. They look pretty bad.
  3. Great Skyliner! Congratulations 🎉 on the award. Prayers 🙏🙏 for your dad.
  4. I never asked about trim rings... I did ask about the temp gauge though. Thanks
  5. Jim, more money than I wanted to spend for the restored gauges. They were very nice though, and tempting... I will use these till I find better.
  6. Tonight I was able to get half of the gauge cluster together. I need to replace the temperature gauge tube and bulb so that may take some time to get that half finished.
  7. So they say that sales were down? Not on this 1951 Crosley, sold at Barrett-Jackson for $8,250.00 https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1951-CROSLEY-WAGON-199101 Then sold at Monterey for $42,500. https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/mo19/monterey/lots/r0130-1951-crosley-cd-super-station-wagon/789836 Looks like the market is strong for Crosley's. And the restoration in not excellent.
  8. I installed the other headlight pigtail this morning and installed the identification tag on the firewall. Tonight I have been working on the gauge cluster, it looks like I can get one good one from two clusters.
  9. Working on pigtails... Made up the other headlight pigtail and made one parking/taillight pigtail, three to go. Also working on the gauge cluster, trying to find a decent one. Sold a bunch a few years ago, now I need one.
  10. After the wife and I fought for two hours to get the four wires in the metal loom last night, with success, the wiring harness is now going in!
  11. It is quite "Dashing"... Today I installed the dash and put some of the battery cables in. Also got the horn installed.
  12. They look very similar to the wheels on my 1929 Hupmobile but the center hole looks smaller?
  13. The lower ones look like Hupmobile from around 1929??
  14. Making progress one part at a time. I got the coil and starter soliniod on and painted the horn that was bought at the Crosley National. The harness is ready and waiting to be installed. I still have to make all the headlight, taillight and parking light pigtails and rewire the turn signal switch. I also ordered the battery cables today from the local auto parts. They are not original but I will wrap them in friction tape to make them look better.
  15. I got some time this evening to wrap the harness for the FOR with friction tape. Starting to look like a wiring harness now. The only thing left to do on this part of the harness is to put the metal shielding on the section that goes to the rear lights(section that is rolled up in middle of picture).
  16. Spent some time at a local car cruise with three of our Ford product convertibles. Being very patriotic red, white and blue weekend. My 1957 Ford Skyliner, my 1958 Continental convertible, and dad's 1965 Thunderbird convertible. Was fun seeing people compare the different types of top mechanisms. All because of the Skyliner...
  17. Tonight I started laying out the wires to form the harness. I just put small wraps of black tape around bundles to get the harness organized. It looks pretty close to the original one so far. I have added a wire to the rear taillights and I will add a few extra ground wires here and there. Next step will be to wrap the harness in black friction tape, then install!
  18. Last night after working at our local theater I finished the main wires for the harness. Now next chance I get I can start making them into a harness, laying them out and taping them together in some sort of order. I hope.
  19. Getting the electrical parts ready to mount. Starter soliniod, coil and taillights. Also cleaned up and painted the oil fill cap.
  20. Tonight the pile of wires grew. I got most of the wires to the front of the FOR done. I have about 6 more wires to make and then I can start laying them out to start taping them together. Then I will need to make the pigtails for the headlights, parking and taillights and rewire the turn signal switch. Tomorrow is our car clubs annual car cruise, our photo dash plaque night at the local DQ.
  21. Last night I had spaghetti for dinner... And started work on the wiring harness. Looked pretty much the same! Got several wires done so far. Using lacquer covered cloth wiring, then crimping and soldering the end then heat shrink to seal it all up. I got the wife's permission to do it in our dining room.
  22. I emailed him a few months ago and he is doing fine. Just busy with the farm and such.
  23. I spent the weekend at local car shows and cruises. Saturday I took the 1957 Ford Skyliner to a show in Elderton PA. Then on Sunday the local Lions club had a car cruise and I took all my blue vehicles. 1929 Hupmobile, 1957 Ford Skyliner and the 1949 Crosley Hotshot. 50 Shades of Blue. Always nice to support local groups and show my cars. The kids love getting in the Hotshot and tooting the horn!
  24. I took my 1949 Hotshot and my brother in law took his red FOR. You can see both of them in the video. My is the second one in line early in the video with the towel on the hood with a birthday car on it and his has the doll leaning on the front bumper. The Crosley meets are a ton of action packed fun!