Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

6 Neutral

About shorttimer

  • Rank
    Senior Member

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. How bad is the rust in the Custom coupe? If it is isolated to the rockers/fenders, could you drive the Idaho car while you do metal work on the Custom coupe, using the other cars for parts? As stated by others, the Invicta Customs are low production cars and the beige interior is pretty uncommon, so it would be great to see that car back on the road in any condition. At the same point, taking the Idaho car off the road deprives you of the 'old car experience' that can be a critical motivator, so I would be inclined to pursue your option #2 if space and funds will allow for it. Regardless
  2. The location of the two mounting holes were cast into the underside of the Dash cover. They will be visible when you remove the clock.
  3. The bucket seat Invicta Custom coupes will have a three-digit trim code that ends in "6" on the firewall data plate (located on the firewall, above the master cylinder). The '60 coupes are really cool cars, even without the bucket seat interior. If the original metal-back bucket seats are missing, they are typically very expensive to replace. And not very comfortable if you are over 6' tall. A bench seat should be much easier to source. It would be great to see that car pulled out of the weeds and put back on the road. The smile it puts on your face with a bench s
  4. The attached picture is from the June 1960 issue of Motor Trend. Tower top clamps are visible on the radiator hose and spring clamps are visible on the fuel lines and the brake booster vacuum lines. For the sake of technical accuracy, the 1960 Chassis and Parts Book lists both worm type and tower top clamps for radiator hose and heater hose applications, so from a judging perspective both should be acceptable without deduction.
  5. Here is the link to the B59 thread. You will need to log in to the forum and gallery to view the pictures: http://www.buick-59.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=7027&p=59793&hilit=Speedometer#p59793 Here is the text from one of my posts to that thread: Doing a little google searching this week, I came across a speedometer shop about 10 minutes from my house that sounded like they knew their way around older cars (Gail's Speedometer in Costa Mesa), so I figured I should stop by with my parts and see what they had to say. Mike at Gail's couldn't have been more helpful and proceeded to
  6. The issue is likely with the speedometer drum. The rotating magnet pulls the drum closer to it over time, causing it to register a higher speed. It will eventually make contact and bounce the drum around. It is a fairly simple fix to get it back within range. I documented my workaround over on the B59 forum several years ago. I will look it up and post a link when I get a chance.
  7. Congratulations! They are great cars, especially with low mileage. Looking forward to seeing and hearing more about it.
  8. Good luck with the search. These are out there if you look hard enough. Verde Green is one of my favorite 1960 colors. Unfortunately, Verde Green and Lucerne Green were not 'recommended' or 'acceptable' factory color choices on the 4867 for 1960. As such there was no green interior offered for the 4867. But it could be an attractive combination.
  9. I went with 8.20 x 15 BFGs with the 2.5" whitewall on my Invicta. Not technically correct size-wise, but I figured the wider tread section would be beneficial, especially on SoCal highways. They are taller by about 0.5" than the 8.00 x 15 Cokers, so the car sits a little high if the tires are fully inflated. Here they are: I considered the Dual 90s, but thought the 3" might look too wide. You could also consider the US Royals with the 2.75" whitewalls. Here they are on Tom Sidoti's exceptional '59 4867: http://1fine59.com/?p=349
  10. I'm moving this weekend and look what I just found while packing. Is your adress still the same? I will get it in the mail this next week.
  11. You can't beat freshly turned drums. I am really glad to see you guys using and enjoying this car!
  12. Congrats on the LeSabre! Your body tag indicates a build date of the 4th week in May, 1960. The car was ordered with the somewhat-uncommon option of tinted glass on the windshield only. There is a wealth of knowledge and many '60 owners here on the forum and I'm sure we are all looking forward to following your progress.
  13. Not really for 1960. But you do not see turquoise very often, especially in convertibles.
  14. CARS sells the battery hold down: http://www.oldbuickparts.com/catalog/up-to-1960-buick-group-electrical-battery-clamp-1960-buick-p-5952.html The lens was being reproduced several years ago, but I can't remember who was doing the reproductions. Someone else here may remember.
  • Create New...