• Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited


Everything posted by twjoyce

  1. The Delco REPLACEMENT shocks were a flat grey. A lot of guys pay big money to buy them thinking because they say Delco on the box that they are the same as original equipment. Monroes were the metallic blue and were a very popular replacement back in the day. I had a Monroe demo barrel in front of my service staion in 1970 and installed a LOT of them on nearly new cars just becaue they seemed tighter than OEM's on the demonstrator. All the Oldsmobiles, both full size and Cutlass that I have restored that I knew for sure were all original had black shocks - kind of a semi gloss black. They were the same on cars in the Dealership through at least the end of the RWD Cutlass, Delta, etc. You will have guys argue for the gray and the blue and so many people are convinced that their choice is correct that it really doesn't matter what you use - there will be SOMEONE who will think whatever you have is correct.
  2. The dipstick in this '70 TH400 transmission is too short. Can anyone tell me how long it SHOULD be and how far from the tip to the "Full" line by measuring theirs.?? Does some one have an extra to sell? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Tom
  3. I had the pan off the TH 400 and noticed that the tip of the dip stick only came flush with the pan surface of the case. The trans will be way overfull if I use this stick. Can anyone tell me how long a TH 400 dipstick from probly 68-72 should be and how far from the end of it to the "Full" line.? Any help appreciated. Tom Joyce - 262-886-9806 CDT.
  4. Need a grille assembly for a 66 full size Merc. All 66 models and body styles should be the same. Appreciate any help. Tom Joyce 262-886-9806 or
  5. Wanted to Buy, a grill assembly for a 66 Full Size Mercury. All models and body types should work. Thanks for any help. Tom Joyce 262-886-9806
  6. I need a grill, front bumper and the die cast tail light bezels for a full size 66 Mercury. Also could use some interior die cast pieces. Contact Tom at or 262-886-9806 CST. Thank You !
  7. I need a grill, front bumper and die cast tail light bezels for a full size 66 Mercury. Contact Tom at or 262-886-9806 CST. Thank You!
  8. Also need the front directional lenses. Thanks, Tom
  9. I just bought a 66 Merc. Monterey 2 dr hardtop (fastback)out of Georgia and while the car is pretty much rust free, all the die cast parts are very pitted. I am looking for a grill, headlight doors, front fender "vents", tail light trim and dash panels. Also could use the front bumper and the right end of the rear bumper. They don't have to be show quality just mostly pit-free GOOD driver quality. Any help or leads will be appreciated. Tom Joyce 262-886-9806
  10. I just bought a "southern" 66 Merc Monterey and while the body, frame, floors and trunk are all pretty nice, all the die cast parts are really pitted. I would like to find a grill, headlight doors, front fender "vent" trim, taillight trim and a dash panel. Doesn't have to be show quality but mostly pit free - good driver quality. Any help or leads appreciated. Tom Joyce 262-886-9806
  11. Just for everyones' information, the 399401 KE pulley that I needed is reproduced by The Parts Place in Chicago. You can get a brand new one that will pass for NOS for only $59.00 plus postage. Tom
  12. If it is a non A/C car I need the water pump pulley. E-mail me at or give me a call (central time zone) at 262-886-9806 Thanks! Tom
  13. Need a 2 groove water pump pulley for a 455 without A/C. Part number onit is 399401. Any help appreciated. Thanks, Tom
  14. Need taillight assemblies and rear trunk panel for a 65 Dodge Coronet 500. Would switch to 440 trim if I can't find the 500 parts. Any help appreciated, Thank YOu ! Tom Joyce
  15. I have a neat little 65 Falcon Futura hardtop. The complete drivetrain, chassis, brakes and most of the interior have been replaced/rebuilt. Engine is a 030 over 289 with Edelbrock intake and 600cfm carb, new Accel OEM type billet distributor, finned aluminum valve covers, etc. Engine compartment is VERY nice as is the no rust ever underside. It has a rebuilt T-10 four speed and a rebuilt 8" rear axle with 3.55's (no posi). It had a 427 in it at one time, shock towers are done and front suspension is connected. It is raised up with a Crites fiberglass blister hood (original hood goes with it too) to look like a mid 60's gasser. Body has a lot of small chips (touched up) that are not noticable unless you are real close and looking real hard but it would need a paint job to be show. It is a SUPER driver and everyone at all of our cruise nights loves it. It has a set of mid 60's E/T unilug 5 spoke wheels that won't go with it but the new BFG T/A's will. This is a drive anywhere car, as dependable (and easy on gas) as you will find. I don't know how to post pictures on these things but can surely e-mail them to anyone interested. Asking $8900.00 E-mail me at or give me a call at 262-886-9806 with any questions. Thank you. Tom Joyce
  16. I am new to Ford big block motors. We recently purchased a 70 T-Bird with the 360 horse 429 and time permitting, we want to build a long, low, mild custom for ourselves out of it. I haven't had a chance to tear the motor down but I want to at least add a bit hotter cam and an aluminum intake when I do get at it. From what I can find out on the web and catalogs that I have here, it appears that 68-70 or 71 had a stud mounted adjustable valve train. Does anyone know if this is the case? or what is needed to make it adjustable in order to get the correct lifter pre-load with an aftermarket cam? Any help/advice will be appreciated. Thank You! Tom Joyce
  17. I am new to big block Fords. I have a 70 429 that I want to put a cam and intake in/on. I appears from what I've been able to find on the net that 68-70 uses an adjustable stud mounted rocker. Is that correct? Is the valve train adjustable enough to add a hotter cam? What else is needed if not. There is a deal on a cam and lifters on E-Bay that I would like to grab but need to know what I'm dealing with. Thanks for any help. Tom Joyce (twjoyce)
  18. I have been using a company called Aon Collector Car Insurance and they are great! No mileage limitations and you drive it anywhere you want (not just to shows). Only thing you couldn't do was race it or rent it out. They are ceasing to do business and I need to find some one more like them than American Collectors or Taylor who restrict everything absolutely to death to replace them. Anyone have anyone they can recommend? I sure hope so because everything I look at on the Net is crazy. One company even said that my premium would be $131.00 but since they had a $250.00 minimum, it would be $250.00. Sure wish I could do that with MY customers. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you! Tom Joyce 262-886-9806 or
  19. Thanks everyone but we found one in Arizona on E-Bay. Tom
  20. Thanks ! I'll appreciate any info you can get and will look forward to maybe hearing from him. Tom
  21. Looking for a 69 Cutlass or 442 project car needing some (or a lot) restoration. 2dr hardtop or post (no convertibles). Prefer pretty complete car needing resto, minor body rust OK. Thank you !